Sunday, April 8, 2012

The wonders of vinegar

If you read my little "about me" section of the homepage then you should know that #1 I hate cleaning and #2 I am a professional house cleaner. Yes very ironic, but hey, it pays the bills and it's taught me a lot about cleaning smart not hard.

I work for a green cleaning company. What does that mean? It means we still use chemicals they're just not as toxic as bleach. Oh and there is no ammonia in any of our chemicals. So what does this have to do with anything? Well prior to be a house cleaner I used regular chemicals you bought at the store. Heck I had 2 different cleaners for every job lol. And after using all of the cleaners I would not only have a nice sparkly disinfected bathroom I also had a sore throat and a cough from inhaling all of the chemicals. Not fun. The I started using the "green chemicals". But those can get pricey. I was forced to find something else. 



So I did. Vinegar.
Seriously this stuff is amazing! Now, I must say, that my adventures with vinegar have only just begin. No really. I mean I started using it to clean, like, 3 weeks ago. BUT I can say so far I LOVE it!

I'm rambling now. I'll just get the the recipe.




My photos suck. Yes. But we're not here for my photography, right? 
  
You need:  a bottle of vinegar ($0.72 at Walmart)
                   a spray bottle ($1 at the Dollar Tree)
                   some kind of oil. I happened to have lilac oil.

Directions:  Mix the bottle of vinegar and about 30 drops of oil into the spray bottle. Shake well and use. Because of the oil this is a great mixture for everything from cleaning your counter tops to cleaning your bathroom mirrors.


So if you use vinegar, what's your favorite recipe? 

No comments:

Post a Comment